Kathlyen Mora, AGPCNP-BC, RN, BSN, BA
- Preceptor Nurse Practitioner, Essen Medical Associates, Bronx, NY (October 2017- Present)
- Adult-Gerontology Nurse Practitioner, Essen Medical Associates, Bronx, NY (October 2017- Present)
- Public Health Nurse, Visiting Nurse Service of New York, NY, NY (April 2011- August 2018)
- Occupational Health Services, NYU Langone Medical Center, New York
- Acute Rehabilitation and Long-Term Care, The New Jewish Home, New York, NY
- Gerontology Nurse Practitioner Fellow, Geriatric Clinic, James J. Peters VA Medical Center, Bronx, NY Private Family Practice, Mosholu Medical Group, Bronx, NY
ABOUT KATHLYEN MORA
Kathlyen’s professional pursuits are emboldened by a 7 year-long experience of working in New York in the capacity of a public health nurse and subsequently as a registered preceptor and adult-gerontology nurse Practitioner. Having worked in both clinical and rehabilitative settings, Kathlyen is always on the lookout for new ways to venture her services for the betterment of people that need them the most. Furthermore, she has instructed and supervised other care providers as well for enhanced specialized patient care within established clinical protocols.
She works tirelessly to comply with the quality standards and parameters of geriatric care, and prioritizes the physical, social and psychological needs of her patients above all else.
Boasting of a skill set that includes proficiency in eClinicalWorks, EPIC, SPSS for data analysis, Microsoft Excel for data collection and analysis as well as fluency in Spanish, Kathlyen has all the makings of an efficient and accomplished nurse practitioner.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION
- NYS Board Certified Nurse Practitioner
- ANCC Certified Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- Licensed Registered Nurse
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers certification
HONORS & AWARDS
- Rudin Scholarship Recipient, NYU Rory Meyers College of Nursing
- Harris Wofford Summer of National Service Grant Recipient, Bryn Mawr College
- Sheila Gamble Cook Fund Recipient, Bryn Mawr College
- Substance Abuse Research Education and Training Scholar, NYU College of Nursing
- Gerontology Nurse Practitioner Fellow, James J. Peters VA Medical Center
- University of Pennsylvania Summer Health Science Scholar
- Scholar in Service to Pennsylvania, Bryn Mawr College
- Member of Upsilon Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau, NYU College of Nursing
- Member of American Nurses Association
- Volunteer/Organizer, God’s Love We Deliver, New York, NY
- New York University Rory Meyers College of Nursing, New York, NY
- Masters of Science: Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- New York University College of Nursing, New York, NY
- Bachelors of Nursing Science, Bryn Mawr College, Bryn Mawr, PA
- Bachelors of Arts: Major: Psychology; Minor: French and French Studies, Institut d’études Françaises d’Avignon, Avignon, France Summer 2006
PEER REVIEWED PUBLICATION
- Mora, K., Dorrejo, X., Carreon, K. M., & Butts, S. (2017).
Nurse Practitioner-Led Transitional Care Interventions: An Integrative Review. Journal of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners.